Monday, 27 February 2012

monday morning and it's time to go

Don't forget I am launching a new website this week! Eeek.

If you are interested in sponsoring the new site or a bride wanting to talk about important issues or with a question to ask. I want to hear from you. (If you happen to have a little prize to offer the readers I would really like to hear from you too!) Just email me at annaandtheringlondon@gmail.com 

So who stayed up to watch the Oscar's red carpet?

Oh yes that would have been me if I hadn't accidentally fallen asleep.

However if you are a bride right now you should be looking at the red carpet for your bridal inspiration. It's not all about boobs and legs. You can look delicious and demure.


Well you don't have to use the slit to expose all your thigh. I do love this velvet dress by Atelier Versace. It is beautiful. Could you work white or cream velvet? 


Or perhaps a huge bow for your ladies? How I would love to see this in white. Giambattista Valli knows how to work fuchsia.


 Perhaps my favourite look of the night. Tom Ford. Tom Ford with a cape. Hello lover. Please, please can a bride do something similar - this is an epic look.


Hello McQueen - you knew it was before anyone opened their mouth. If you have the budget to have this made in a cream or perhaps gold on gold I want to meet you!


You may already know Johanna Johnson but if not you need to look at her work now. Gloriously feminine gowns for all women.


Lanvin. This is call for all mothers in law. You can look glamorous at your child's wedding. Gorgeous.


Elie Saab. Sparkly but chic.


Just to show you don't have to be tiny to make sparkles work, Tadashi Shoji show how to make the ladies look good.

It may have slightly highlighted her very slight frame, there is still something very exciting about this Vivienne Westwood.


Marchesa had many gowns on the red carpet. This was by far my favourite. Can you imagine this all cream as a wedding dress. Yes I very much can!


This was slightly panned, by I love a high neck and long sleeves for me Valentino worked it!

Oh and the boys did well too. Did you see Christopher Plummer. How dashing!

All images courtesy of Getty Images.


3 comments:

  1. I am loving the McQueen and Marchesa. But I am the biggest Elie Saab fan. I wish I could pull of the high neck and sleeves as it looks adorable.

    Don't like Jolie's choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glamorous!!! The first two are some of my favorites. Did you check out the dress changes for the after parties?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ellie Saab is stunning but the Tom Ford wins, Gwyneth looks stunning and the cape is fab!

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin