So you may or may have not noticed my absence over the past few weeks. What can I say I was rather more ill than I thought. Not completely better yet but will get there in a few months.
So what have I learnt?
1. Sometimes assuming you are fine is the wrong assumption.
2. Sometimes it takes your husband to tell you that you are actually rather unwell.
3. My brain does not work if I am unwell. My IQ drops and I mean well below 2 standard deviations from the mean. Indeed I can be convinced that a cantaloupe is a baby antelope. (Thanks Bean.)
3. Sometimes it takes you turning yellow to realise that yes you probably need to see a doctor.
4. Some nurses are amazing, some are very very not. Yes. I'm mainly talking to you, oh so, lazy casualty sister. Wiped that knowing smile off your face didn't I, with my astronomically bad blood results. You weren't going to let me see a doctor, were you?
5. Having an angry liver necessitating much vitamin K (to stop me bleeding uncontrollably) combined with enforced clexane (to stop me developing a blood clot) makes not for a happy period.
6. Having a cannula in the back of your dominant hand is beyond annoying, oft painful and is rather tear inducing on occasion.
5. Bean felt that he must describe me using the Dulux palette and felt that Lemon Pie fit the bill. However, I fear he did not delve far enough into the colour charts (or his monitor was rubbish) as this delightful Sulphur Springs 3 is far more accurate! Luckily I am far less yellow now.
6. Coming home is wonderful albeit confusing. Wonderful to have one's own bed and darkness yet I would wake up and be befuddled when I couldn't reach my drip stand.
7. 10 days in hospital is incredibly dull but also an eye opening experience. You really have to keep on asking if you want any information.
8. Google reader is unstoppable - 5000 unread and counting. I will get there. (Please blame my broken brain.)
9. I missed this. I missed being part of this little community. Will you still have me? I really want to do so much more.
Finally I have used up all my good karma recently. I really need to make up some more good karma. How can I help you out? Seriously, I am due for some really bad karma if I don't do something very good in the near future. Trust me, when I say my good karma did something very naughty and made me far too happy. Help me, help you. Please.