Wednesday, 26 October 2011

one day....

I think I want to start a new series which will follow on to my new website.

The series will be called "one day...."

The basic premise being...

One day - things will be different - I will have my own home with Bean and I will be able to to begin to enjoy life and indulge my creative eye more. I may not be the most creatively able but I sure know good style. (Yes - check me out being complimentary about myself - but I'm right, right?)

One of the first ideas will be to do something like this with our wedding photographs.* I love the idea of the frame telling the story. I have to admit I do not like the idea of one picture being blown up but I adore the idea of story boarding the day. I guess I do not love the idea of one photograph of me being blown up and displayed - my sister has a gorgeous canvas wrap of her wedding which is so elegant. If you have "the one" then you really should. It is a wonderful reminder of something so special. I really hope you have "the one." 


I just think this would be one of the most beautiful ways of "discretely" telling the story of your wedding without it languishing in an album. I say discretely because it feels to me that you wouldn't necessarily know it was someone's wedding at glance (oh and in the picture above it's not!). It's not boom pow here we are in our wedding finery this is the only picture we want you to see. It slightly more intriguing than that. Although I sort of get that it does seem a little "look at me, look at me" but I guess one could always change the photographs as life moves on to perhaps, "once a year on our wedding anniversary if we lived for another 120 years" or something a little more frequent.

What do you think? Do you like or think it seems a little too indulgent. A little indulgence is wonderful thing in my rather humble opinion.

*I'm ashamed to say our photographs still languish on my hard drive. I wish I could work out what to do with them. I wish I could love them the way others really love them.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh la la... I love this idea! I wonder where one can buy a photoframe that big... Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a gorgeous idea - it's definitely better than them being in an album (though this is of course fine, I do prefer the idea of an actual printed book for wedding photos). It definitely adds intrigue and it's not too boom pow in your face because you have to get up close I would imagine to really inspect the images. It's a 'curiosity' kind of piece, the kind of thing people would walk into your awesome house and go, "Oooh, what's that?" Definitely a cool idea. DO IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love that photo frame. We have one of those plastic photo pocket hanging things in our kitchen filled with random photos (i.e. not wedding ones) and people who come over always comment on it. We hardly ever change the photos though... Another idea I really like is what APW's Meg did with her wedding photos - making a book with one photo to a page, like an art book. I think that's sounds lovely.

    And, yes, it seems to me that you DO know style. Take your own compliment, girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had my eye on this frame http://dwell.co.uk/108936/Giant-collage-photo-frame-black/ for exactly that purpose once we are married and have pictures to frame. I also think it is much more discrete than one giant one, and can include pictures of friends and loved ones from the day, not just of us (a good thing).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is such a great idea and it would look fab! I really want to do this myself now! Where on earth do you get a frame that big though? The story board idea is great. Loving the other posts about wallpaper and lavish things for the home - when you do get your home with Bean, it's going to look wonderful. I haven't done anything with our house yet, it's very much a 'One Day...' scenario too. As with lots of things, it'll happen 'After The Wedding'!!!

    Loving these ideas, please keep them coming! x

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin