Monday, 10 October 2011

11 years ago

Eleven years ago I entered my friend's, Maltese, bedroom. He shared a room in our rather utilitarian halls of residence in a rather lovely road in a rather well to do area of London.

I was young, I was wearing my Mamgu's jumper - dirty lilac in colour and some very uninteresting jeans. I was drinking red wine.

In walked Bean. I had spoken to Bean on a number of occasions in the previous 10 days but I can't remember really looking at him. I had heard him, I was convinced he was Northern Irish and I knew he was funny. 

So began the game of spin the bottle. 

After systematically kissing all of my male friends and Bean kissing all of my female friends the bottle landed on him. We started to kiss. He tasted like whisky (although it was probably bourbon) and it was good. Other kisses that night ended quickly. When Bean and I came up for air, people were leaving. From that very first kiss we had something very special. I very much did not realise this at the time. I did not expect to be writing these words 11 years hence. It's not exactly what you want to tell your grandchildren. Indeed will they even have bottles in the future?

Not spin the bottle night but the Christmas time soon after - most likely Novemberish. 
(Also I am very excited about Christmas this year, you?)

But the kiss. I still remember the kiss. 

A kiss that has led me to this point. A point 11 years later where I still love to kiss Bean. 

Bean you are delicious.

Thank you for putting up with me. I know I am not always the anna you fell in love with. You da man.

I would love to hear about your first kiss to your intended. A triumph or a disaster?

8 comments:

  1. You may think it terribly old fashioned but Pete and I first kissed on our second date. Yes, our second.

    We had the chemistry on the first date but we were both a little shy so the end of the evening came without a kiss and then we poked fun at each other over email about it the next day.

    On the second date, by 10pm, there had still been no kissing. I was sitting there thinking why hasn't he kissed me yet so I decided to take matters into my own hands and I went in for the kiss while he was mid sentence. I can't remember what he was saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, very sweet post. And it just brought Juliana Hatfield's "Spin the Bottle" into my head...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! I love it, the perfect first kiss lasts a lifetime :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Indeed will they even have bottles in the future?" Anna, you crack me up.

    There is a bone of contention about J and I's first kiss. I think it needs a blog post too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a sweet memory! I don't really remember our first kiss but the last one this morning was lovely ;)

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, our first kiss? That brings back memories! I had finished a night shift thy morning and Stu came over. After several hours of general chit chat, he told me how he felt about me and there, in the kitchen, leaned in to kiss me. At first I kissed him too but I was very confused. He was my friend and I was worried about ruining our friendship so I ended up pulling away. It was a few weeks later when I finally realised I actually like him too. Our second kiss was much better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, that's so sweet! Ours was nearly 6 years ago on our first date - and it was shared on the Boat Ride to Hell at the London Dungeon's. Yes, really.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how sweet! happy belated anniversary!

    ours was over 7 years ago. he pulled his car up in front of my apt building to drop me off after our first date, turned to me and leaned in and kissed my shoulder. then we had a real kisses for a bit! afterwards, i marched right upstairs and told my roommate it was the best kiss i ever had and that i would marry him. and i did!

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin