Tuesday, 26 July 2011

i am a little nervous

Today is a scary day.

For today is the day I start my group therapy.

I'm not sure if this is bad form - akin to uttering the word Macbeth to a thespian - but if you could wish me luck that would be very much appreciated.

I must say I am "with trepidation" and a smidgen of cynicism. I am slightly worried that tomorrow I shall be entering a room full of crying women. I already know that is not the case (entirely). There is to be some meditation and as much or as little talk as I want. Indeed I had to be vetted to see if I were an appropriate candidate. That was rather intimidating experience.

Obviously I shan't be able to talk about specifics here. Confidentiality is key. A safe place. This is something I am very much looking forward. Apart from here, I have spoken very little about myself and my issues so I am hoping this will be a rather cathartic experience.

P.S. Sorry for all the anna talk of late. (I would like to talk about weddings more, and even my own but there is still a little too much regret at my own). I'm getting there.

p.m.a. - I wear some hats rather well. I particularly love this one. I very much suit a veil. 


My eyes look huge! (They are not!) This is one of the best pictures of me ever. (Note to self - always attempt to have pose like this!)
P.S. Bean is not already drunk we are still at church!

16 comments:

  1. Good luck for today Anna. Phfft and don't even apologise for the Anna talk, when you write about you, we all get to know you a little better and I like that. x P.S very cute photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are with you. Your so brave! I hope it helps and the people are lovely.

    Awesome photo by the way I also have photos like this that I love but can't for the life of me remember how I was posing when they were taken.

    Finally very jealous that you can rock a hat when I look silly in them...

    Love to you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an adorable picture!!

    Fingers crossed for you today. (Also, what Just L said.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only just read this (computer's been down, bah humbug), but hope it went OK, and helped a little xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a completely lovely photo of you, anna. i love the hat, i don't know ANYONE who could pull that off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to hear about the group therapy experience. Great photo too, the veil!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck in group therapy. I think it's great and I really hope it helps. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emerging from lurkerdom to wish you good luck in group therapy, I found it so helpful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you the very best!

    Also, you look fab in the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck, darling! I hope it all goes well.

    And can I just say that the two of you look fabulous. Your eyes do look huge and GORGEOUS! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did I miss this post? Hope the therapy went well.

    You look gorg in the photo btw! I am now wondering if I could carry off a hat like that....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pic of you my dear (great hat!)... hope it all went well x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope it went well...and yes, that is a f-ing fantastic picture of you. Wish I could wear a hat so well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Anna - you look beautiful!

    Good luck my lovely xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck! I did a year of experiential group therapy a part of my training, and found even that 'pretend' therapy to be amazing. Proper therapy is scary though (I'm currently having individual) - but really, really helps. All the best with it. xx

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin