Thursday, 7 April 2011

the make lounge


I'm sure I can be crafty (in every meaning of the word) well I do try. I have the ideas but sometimes the body is just not willing.* I recently attempted to make Party Rings as they happening to be non-vegetarian in their current "incarnation" and wanted some of my vegan friends to enjoy the wonderment! 

So I am rather excited that theMakeLounge is offering a course in biscuit decorating. I can never get my icing "floody" enough and my accuracy with my icing bag leaves much to be desired. This is definitely on my to do list. (Once I have plenty of chickens).  I am totally hoping that intricately decorated homemade biscuits will make a come back. My attempts at retro biscuits may be a little dubious but one can but try.

Although I can make a mean Iced Gem if you ever fancy afternoon tea?

Have you made it to The Make Lounge? Their whole calendar rather excites me.

*I know I have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a King. Maybe?

4 comments:

  1. I've done a couple of things there and they've both been ace - firstly a tote bag session, and then more recently a lampshade class which was just brilliant. I was amazed by what I ended up making (in a good way!). And they've got a lovely shop too so you can buy the stuff to make more lovely things at home. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooh, I have never been to the make lounge, even though it is a 30 second walk from my house. Shame on me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Make Lounge is lovely. It's just down the road from my old London flat. I went to their opening party which was lots of fun, kept meaning to go back but somehow never found the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to Google to make sure I understood that British Biscuits = American Cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin