Friday, 25 March 2011

anyone for Pimm's

oh yes, that would be me!

Pimm's ahh perhaps my most favourite summer drink. In my humble opinion the perfect way to start a wonderful evening. Indeed it is the best thing to come from Kent!

I'm not sure how ubiquitous this delicious concoction is away from Britannia so let me explain!

As a drink it is hard to describe. Indeed I have sat facing my screen for some time now and still not thought of an adequate description. There are orange notes and a slight cord of Christmas - many intermingled spices working in harmony. My oldest friends know of my zeal for the drink. The delicate tea coloured drink (when mixed correctly!) is a triumph of British inventiveness! Indeed I might even go out as far to say I am "known" for my concoctions. (A word of warning for those new to the tipple. It slides down awfully well and one can find themselves rather tispy, rather quickly!)

Traditionalists would stop at cucumber, mint and strawberry but I do love to add the juiciest nibbles of ripe peaches and a "few" slices of a sharp green apple. I think it works dreamily well with the secret herbs and spices! Oh and in case lemonade is a bit too sweet, how about ginger ale (my favourite!). Oh and you should also try the No. 6 cup which has a vodka based (as opposed to the usual gin). Seriously yummers!


What is all this alcoholic talk about you may ask?

I have been invited to the Pimm's Summer Party which is rather thrilling and happening tomorrow night! I am unsure of the wisdom of a garden party in March but a chance to start my yearly intake of Pimm's early is a chance I am not going to miss. 

Yet it is not all alcohol and no wedding talk! The party is being held at one of my favourite London venues, the Museum of Garden History or as it is now called, The Garden Museum. Bean and I shall be dressed in our most dapper summer attire and hoping the rain stays away!

Are we going to bump into you? What are you up to this weekend?

P.S. Little bit excited about one of the celebrities attending too! Oh the shame of my S Club 7 love!

5 comments:

  1. I love me some Pimms. It brings back found memories of my study abroad. I may have brought back two bottles with me.

    I thought it would be rather hard to find Pimms over here (and I had been told this too), but it turns out a well stocked liquor store does have it available stateside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always wanted to try! My mouth is seriously watering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gin makes me gag... it was the first alcohol I ever tasted due a misunderstanding when I was six; my mom poured herself an after-work martini into a McDonalds mug (Classy family!) and I took a huge gulp and nearly puked. But Pimm's disguises the gin taste sufficiently! They even have it at one of the local bars I like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if Pimm's "exists" much outside of the UK. I have never seen it or heard it in Canada. (I had heard of it, but because of time spent in the UK.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's exciting! I've been reading about it for years and I always try to find it at huge liquor stores, so far to no avail. I will one of these days, though! To me it sounds a bit like spicy, alcoholic sangria, which I love.

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin