Friday, 21 January 2011

Morituri te salutant!*

So I before I realised that twitter was the land of milk and honey (you guys are so lovely!) I sort of forgot to tell Bean that my intention was to ask you all such a cheeky request. (Well I'm not sure it's cheeky per say but rather a desperate plea?)

After speaking with him he made me think that I was laying before you a gladiatorial challenge (hence the title - also I do realise they didn't actually say that!). I promise I am not!*

Indeed in these times of economic pressures and this little meme flying around, I would never dream of asking anyone to do more or anything they feel is not good for them.

I fear I can't even offer you real wedding. The venue is not incredibly grand and in February the "grounds" are not particularly beautiful - yet if you fancy an attractive brutalist garden?! (the garden in May is exquisite!) Although I can offer you love, little touches of joy, maybe a little prettiness, a couple of speeches, firewater and hopefully beautiful boys and girls. 

I would want you to be part of the party, to enjoy yourself and feel like you our friend (indeed I think I am lucky enough to now count most of our lovely "suppliers"** from the wedding as friends).

I promise to reply to your wonderful emails in the very near future. I can promise you that every email has made my heart sing with happiness. (Seriously, you have no idea how much it has made me feel better during all this tooth grumpiness.)

All my kisses,

Anna xx

*I'm not suggesting for a moment that we would invite you to partake in a series of duels to the death? Unless you are interested!
**Suppliers is not the word for the lovelies who helped us. There will be many kisses and posts to come about them. I promise. It is the least I can do.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not interested in the death duels BUT I am interested in the pretties, joy & firewater you offered :)

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin