It was the weekend we had to say goodbye to our little foster kitten.
I knew it was inevitable she would leave our home but that made it no easier.
For those who had not met her before, here she is again, my first baby.
I know it is ridiculous to call her my baby but in many ways she was. She was the first pet I have looked after as if I were a parent.
In these short weeks I have learnt so very much.
1. I love cats more than words can say. (Luckily I got to look after my parent's cats this weekend.)
2. Whilst I do like a British Short Hair my heart will always belong to my huge fluffy monsters. (Mongrel Maine Coons rescue cats for the win!)
3. I love being called Mummy.
4. I love calling Bean, Daddy.
5. Calling each other Mummy and Daddy is going to be hard habit to break.
6. I will be the one who gets up at 4am if we do have a baby, Bean says, "that's why you get maternity leave." Oh the joys of him being the most consummate sleeper and bloody rude.
7. After months of wondering I am coming round to the idea of motherhood.
It is crazy what one little kitten can do. Thank you, Toots, we shall miss you so.