Thursday, 10 June 2010

fabulous blogger football bonanza!!

Whilst I am not that interested in the whole World Cup shenanigans save maybe watching England playing. I am interested in a little bet on the side.  I never usually get involved because I've never worked anywhere which has a sweepstake.  Oh, this is about to change!

Here's the plan.

1. Let me know you are interested by Midnight Tonight (10th June Midnight GMT)
2. I will use this little widget to split the teams  Scratch that, I may revert to something slightly more archaic but under the supervision of one Bean
3. Think of a cute little pressie* for the winner (it could be country themed? or not!) *the wonderful Laura's idea
4. Cross fingers 
5. Await Sunday 11th July for the final!
6. Winner is showered with prettiness

Drop a comment below and you will be ready to go.  Here's to making the football interesting!
May the best team win!


P.S. The winner will be the one who actually wins on the 11th July.  Whilst I'm sure North Korea will win in North Korea I think we all need to agree it should be the team which actually wins in July.

P.P.S. Not actually sure how we shall distribute the winner's present as I do not want to force people to give out their actual address but I'm sure we can think of a compromise before the 11th July!

19 comments:

  1. Whoop! Count me in! The office sweepstake is giving away wine, so I'm in the market for any prize that will go well with wine. So, anything really...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in too. And on the giving out of addresses... Will think too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in. But seriously going to throw a strop if I get Ghana, New Zealand, Honduras or Paraguay. So obviously I definitely will now that I've jinxed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in, anything to make the football more interesting as I officially become a football widow as of tomorrow and It will be all hubbie will talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me in. I am away for a bit though but will be back before the final .x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't really understand sweepstakes but I'm in. But only if I get a good team. And I have no idea who the good teams are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me me me please :) might actually get back into the 'game' haha x

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes please!
    How exciting...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me please! Though I should probably be in your team Saviour as I also have no idea which teams are good. I tend to cheer arbitrarily based on how friendly the goalie's face is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emma at Electric Wedding10 June 2010 at 18:55

    Oooh can we be in? I just saw this on Twitter! I love a good sweepstake...
    PS lovely blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds fun! I don't give a sh*t about the footie, but I'm up for some blogger fun action anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in too! Don't really like the footie but this should make the next few weeks bearable! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me please, anything to make the next month go faster....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Smart arse OH has just pointed out that the footie widget on Radio One is from 2006 - the last world cup with the wrong teams! Might need to be old fashioned names out of a hat. In which case we could ditch the crap teams if we don't get 32 entrants. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Crap monkeys. Ok. I may have to get a little creative. Thank you O!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh crapper monkeys. I forgot about myself. So we are 17 at the moment. Tell everyone!!

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin