Thursday, 13 May 2010

things i have learnt from the election - part 2

As many of you might of done I stayed up the whole night of the election watching and waiting and hoping.

Now 5 years ago I did the same.  I was but a starry eyed and fresh faced student and knew I could have a little sleep and then make it to "work" for my teaching in the afternoon.

I sprung back into the world and all was good.  Such was life as a 23 year old.

Fast forward 5 years.  It's election night, I don't have to work on Friday.  I have oranges.  I am ready.  I wait hear that my vote for my preferred candidate failed and continue to watch the rather amusing Mr Dimbleby try to string sentences together until 10am.

Nothing has changed our country is in limbo, nothing will happen for days.  The bed beckons.

So I have been awake for over 24 hours.  This is no trouble for me I find staying awake for 48 hours a cinch.  However now as a semi-old lady I have serious problems reawakening my diurnal cycle.  I was not wise.  I should have just stayed up until the evening and then gone to bed.  I feel like I am having an out of body experience.  Lesson learnt.  Next time sleep with the Bean, only ever sleep with Bean.  The cat always knows best.

3 comments:

  1. Hee. I can never sleep with undecided elections either. We had two crazy ones where I was up all night. Thankfully my old lady diurnal clock was taken care of with the recent decisive victory for my guy.

    Here's the part where I shake my head about the state of the world and politics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, the cats always know best! Our two always take themselves to bed around midnight... so we usually take it as a sign to hit the hay mid-week if there's no cats about any more.

    As for the election... blah... it was so not worth staying up for was it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the last lines of this are so sweet and true :)

    but i totally understand not being able to sleep. before obama was elected i hesitantly went to sleep nervous it would jinx it and i would wake up looking at sarah palin's smiling face

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin