Monday, 19 April 2010

shortcomings?

Now before I divulge details of "the dress" I may have to swoon over other dresses.

People often see short dresses as second class citizens.  They are often an afterthought.  Yet why?  Why are they often reserved for the city wedding? Indeed they are wondrous for those uber chic ladies cavorting through the streets of any fabulous city.  Indeed a delicious dream would be to dance merrily down the King's Road in a little white dress being showered with confetti and then jumping onto an old Routemaster for champagne.

Admittedly, for me I want to wear the long "whitish" dress.  I guess, I don't get to wear long flowy dresses that often and have swooned over certain Jenny Packham dresses many a evening.   

However why should we always obey, "the rules?"  Short dresses should not just be for city ladies.  I may be spending a few pounds on some pretty shoes and why should they not be on show for the entire day.  If you have fabulous legs why would you want to hide them on perhaps the most photographed day of your life?  There are some truly beautiful wedding dresses from purveyors such as Candy Anthony.  These are perhaps the most beautiful short wedding dresses, synonymous with modern vintage style.  

So feast your eyes on this swiftly created collection.  You will see I have avoided wedding dresses per say.  I think it is always wise to look away from boutiques especially if you are looking for something chic yet modern. Indeed there is one delicious dress in the collection which costs but £28! Enjoy, swoon and spread the short dress love.  Let me know what you think! Obviously!

16 comments:

  1. Short wedding dresses are such a cute and sassy look, and those are all gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration, I'm on the hunt for a short white dress for our wedding party in Ireland and you might have just done all the hard work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to wear a short wedding dress but unfortunately I bruise so easily and often walk into things - I would have to literally wrap my legs in cotton wool for a good month before the wedding....not good seeing as my mr has a phobia of cotton wool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a short dress bride Hurrah Hooray! They're just fabulous to wear and a fantastic reason to get into serious shoe buying. And now your dress please...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love short dresses! For me it just didn't feel practical seeing as how it would be cold and wintery, plus my mother would have killed me. But I was definitely skeptical about finding a long dress that was flattering on a short person (5'2"), because the whole maxi dress trend had failed me miserably. But I lucked out in the dress department, thank you mermaid cut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love asos, just ordered another dress today. they have everythinnnggg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. short dresses are so awesome! they should not be short shrifted. ok, sorry for the pun. i went with the long for the same reason - when else am i going to get to wear a long white dress? but i love short too. it's so chic, and can be really glamourous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Little White Dress has been on my mind a lot. I love these choices too - totally going to check out Asos now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I opted for a short, chic dress for my wedding. Inspired by Marilyn Monroe's dress in The Seven Year Itch (when standing over the subway vents), it was a fifties style in a modern fashion. I've always been a vintage girl and couldn't see myself in anything long or meringue-like. I didn't have a city affair either - country wedding in a garden!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love short wedding dresses-anything unique is fine by me! I just wish I had the legs for one of those beauties. How refreshing would it be to see a relaxed countryside wedding with a bride wearing a short dress. I'm currently drooling over a short monsoon wedding dress. But where to wear it... Hmmm. Good call Anna :) love love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wore a short dress to my countryside wedding - it was excellent, fun, and carefree. The only thing I had to worry about was my heels sinking into the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love short dresses - and that's what I'll be wearing. I wanted something I could dance in, and also plan to wear it for at least one anniversary, and maybe other events (styled to be less wedding-y - maybe with some boots or a jean jacket). If I love a dress enough to get married in it (and I do love it!) it would kill me to only wear it once!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh to have the legs to wear a short dress - unfortunately my hatred of my ankles prevents it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love short dresses and I have ordered a Candy Anthony dress for my wedding. I am a little unconventional so my dress is not only short but black. I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tea length dresses are the shizz

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a short dress gal... well I hope to be... and I guess you could also class me as a city gal too! Lovely dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. See I DON'T have great legs, and I'm a traditional gal, so I'm very happy with the long wedding dress I found :D

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin