Tuesday, 13 April 2010

question of the day

Is anyone in the business of making actual pillows?

Why, I hear you ask?

Well, let us start at the beginning.  I am a relatively allergic person.

When I was little my family switched to non feather pillows and duvets.

I am sure this made me feel a little better.  However I do play with fire when playing with kittens but the pain of streaming, hideously swollen eyes is totally worth it.

Everyday I wake up and there appears a little feather.  Where does he come from?  He has a sharp quilly end and has feather like protrusions.

So the question of the day is...do people who make hypo-allergenic/non feather pillows still make the pillow stuffing look like feathers?

Thank you in advance!

P.S. This question has been puzzling me for years!

10 comments:

  1. A pillow can be "hypoallergenic" but still have some percentage of its fill be feathers. You have to read the label carefully.

    http://www.allergyconsumerreview.com/hypoallergenic-bedding.html

    I had to eliminate all of my lovely down pillows and duvet last year because of allergies. I really like the down-alternative pillows that I found at Bed, Bath & Beyond. Mine have a quilted cover. I also purchased a separate dust-mite zippered pillow case that helps reduce dust-mites and other allergens (can be removed and washed regularly).

    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought if you find white feathers it means an Angel is looking over you..if you believe in that kinda thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hypoallergenic can still be feathers! hyper-cleaned feathers, but feathers nonetheless

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think they're extra-cleaned-up feathers or some such nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually thought it was poly (or in the memory foam pillow's case, foam).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe your alarm clock was shedding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you wise ones! Please don't think I'm an idiot! I guess the clue was in the name. Gah! (Still feel pretty stupid!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh how odd. i never heard of that. we have down alternative pillows too cause J is terribly allergic. never thought that hypoallergenic could have feathers. hmmm makes you wonder :)

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin