Wednesday, 24 February 2010

wedding list wednesday - ceramic joy!

One of the problems of living together before one is married and having rather naughty extravagances (rather too often according to bean) in the crockery and cutlery department is that we now have rather nice crockery and cutlery.  Why is this a problem?  Well it leaves us with potentially little to add to our imaginary wedding list.  I wonder if a number of you are in the same situation?  


Fear not, I am here to solve you ceramic condundrums!  May I introduce you to Takae Mizutani.  For starters, how can you not cry out with giggles of joy when you see her logo!?  


I love the fact she thinks that eggs have had all the fun in the past.  No-one ever thought of those poor little soldiers.  Until now!  Bean doesn't even like eggs but I am pretty sure I could make him dunk a soldier if it had come from a horsie!


And what better way to present a cute little cupcake (or apple or prized tennis ball) as the shell of a snail!  Simple perfection.

11 comments:

  1. Those are too cute! What a great idea for the registry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I love the egg cup & soldier holder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love egg and soldiers and they'd be even better in a horse and a castle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh so cute! We don't have any nice crockery or cutlery. I hate the kitchen in our apartment so I keep any nice things we get given in their boxes until we can move into our own place (only two years to go). Is it weird that I feel like using them in our shitty kitchen will tarnish them forever?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those egg cups are TOO cool. Wants them....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss C - I think you are admirably restrained! Save them for special!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok these are too cute! i love when normal things like egg cups are turned into cute fun things :) we also lived together before getting married, but had old/cheap kitchen objects from college so we got to register for fancy new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah they are so cute! I love egg and soldiers. We even have paintings of a teapot and egg and soldiers in our kitchen as they are my fave things.

    These are the chaps that hold our eggs for us in the mornings http://bit.ly/czgvcK

    ReplyDelete
  9. those are so great! I am always on the look out for adorable kitchen ceramics. sometimes I just look up 'ceramic kitchen' on etsy and browse and add more and more to my favorites list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! My goodness these are *wondeful*! I went to her site but can't figure out if you can you buy things from there? Cos if so, guess what my friends are getting for their birthdays this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cupcake snail. Such a good find!

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin