Friday, 12 February 2010

so it's that time of the year

2So we are 6 weeks into the new year and 6 weeks mean it's my day of birth!  Eeek!  The first time I realised this "auspicious" date was exactly 6 weeks after New Year's Day was because as a 7 year old my little brother broke his arm at a rather thrilling party and stole my auspicious day thunder by going to hospital to have his cast removed.  Always stealing my thunder, the golden boy, Pickles!  (Not jealous much, anna?!)  As is tradition my family and I met for dinner.  Heavenly Alaskan King crab was on the menu.  I could eat it forever!  Sorry Mr Crab.


Oh the eighties were fabulous!  I shall bring the party dress back!

14 comments:

  1. crabs don't have feelings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feliz cumpleanos! I hope you have an excellent birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your birthday was wonderful!

    And yes to party dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday!
    I am a huge fan of the party dress. my mom made all of mine when I was little. Now I just buy too many pretty dresses that do not see enough daylight.

    and thanks for all the comments! it made me so happy that someone other than my cousin is reading my thoughts about the wedding craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Anna! Have a fabulous one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. all of those girls look soo jealous. hope you had a good birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!! Best wishes for today, and they year that follows!!

    Its funny one of my bestest friends has the same birthday as you and her name is also Anna.
    I love my Aquarian Girls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that photo! Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Mum has many of these pictures, although I don't think I was ever so popular. The lace collars bring back fond memories. My Mum would make us play sleeping lions so she could have some peace and quiet. Funny how it took me so long to realise it was a big con. Sounds like you had a lovely time. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday Girl! I remember HATING having to wear those lace collar dresses - but now they look so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I missed your birthday Anna! I had limited computer time over the past few days and am just now catching up. All the best love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. hope that your birthday was great. we were born during the same month, i was also born during the sixth week of the year :)

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin