Wednesday, 20 January 2010

the answer to my wedding list woes?

Oh yes it is true that I am rather befuddled by the whole gift list situation.  I can see the pros but do I really want to traipse around John Lewis calculating what present balance would appear to be least selfish?  Oh yes, I must waste a weekend contemplating the vagaries of each and every gravy boat.

That was until I found this delectable option, The Vintage Wedding List.  Well actually I'd rather not share this with you because it is rather awesome and I want it all for myself.  Bru ha ha!

From beautiful antique glasses to exquisitely sweet Victorian samplers and every vintage lover's dream in between.  Now this is a place a girl could fall for.  Seriously can you cope with the fantabulousness?!








P.S. Twas the wonderful Love My Dress who first brought this deliciousness to my attention.  (I'd rather not let you know about Love My Dress either because I fear you will find her amazing site far more thrilling!)

16 comments:

  1. V. good idea. Like the idea of not just registering for crap you'll have for a couple of years but nifty shenanigans you'll have for your whole lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just yesterday decided not to register at all. Just feels a bit grabby grabby... Also can't face the idea of traipsing around John Lewis. But I know opinions vary! & we'll probably kick ourselves when a great aunt gives us a faux fur sofa throw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You thrill me too sweet pea ;) Thank you so much for the shout xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You find such awesome things Anna!

    I advocate putting hair lovelies and makeup on your wedding list. I loved using those gifts right away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh please oh please someone start this in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very fab finds. hubs and i were obsessed with playing dominoes one summer, and it is great to see you post a vintage set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing site! Where else could you put an 1850's grape shot for a twelve-pound cannon on your wedding list?! Love it.

    PS - I have awarded you with a Sunshine Award, you lovely lady - go to my post to see ;)
    http://glamourpussnews.blogspot.com/2010/01/ive-won-award.html

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm struggling with the idea of this also. i know people will give gifts and they like knowing what you want. but on the other hand, it's hard to stomach the feeling of "asking" for gifts. and registering for measuring spoons feels especially trivial now with all that's happening in haiti, you know. blah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous idea.
    We really want nothing at all for gifts, but if people want to buy us something, what we really want are lovely vintage and antique things for our apartment. This website is making me wish I was in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awesome. If only they had something like that is Australia.

    We couldnt bear to do registry or wishing well so the indecision has resulted in the default option.. nothing! Which has its own problems!

    xoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this idea! registering for regular things can be so mundane...it's like why do i need another pot??? great find!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just come across your blog and LOVE it! Love your way with words and I wish I knew about that wedding list when I got married. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is brilliant, thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is awesome! thanks for sharing, although i can see why you were hesitant. i love everything on that list.

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin