Tuesday, 3 November 2009

oh those halcyon days

(If only it were award season)
I would like to take this opportunity to thank my future mother and father for thinking of me 15 odd years ago when they bought their fantabulous roofless house.  I know you will never see this, but I do love you so.


(and now I introduce my inner 4 year old)

We awoke on a cold and rainy morning for a 8am flight driven by a rather generous Bean brother, Grumpole. A flight sitting so close to Club Class and their breakfast of manna.  So close, yet so far!  


After a short hop, skip, a slightly naughty satnav induced detour and a drive away from the bright lights of Bordeaux.  We found our way to the tiny town of love and hope.


(and now begins my homage to the funnybones)
And as we drove down a long, long road we arrived at the dark, dark gateway to our week of heaven.






Down the dark, dark stairs into the dark, dark cellars where the pretty bats lived.
  




(Bean would like to point out that while yes these are his legs he is not a man who would usually partake in the evil of turn-ups.  Needs (and some amount of bat "packages") must.)


Through the pretty, pretty doors into the jungle that was once called "the garden."



The garden in which we lazed with the wondrous warm, warm sunshine.  The sunshine that never left our side and was our beautiful companion.


And so began our wonderful week of food, food and food, laughter by candlelight and of course le wine.


Oh those halcyon days....

4 comments:

  1. I want to go there! anywhere with warm and sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WestAussieWedding4 November 2009 at 12:58

    I adore that heart shaped lock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Anna, that lovely door is too adorable. Your visit sounded lovely! If we ever should have the honor of holidaying with you and Bean, we will bring the wine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh... it all sounds wonderful!! Can't wait to hear more about it!!

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin