Monday, 30 November 2009

i now pronounce you....

Well Bean and I had a rather exciting morning.

Indeed I was so excited last night I couldn't sleep! Eeek!

And what pray were we doing on this very morn?

We went to the Registry Office to give notice of intent of marriage!!!

I wasn't really sure what to expect having never registered anything before yet I was not disappointed (well sort of)!

Indeed it seems that one can only register their intention to marry during weekday business hours yet it did  mean that Bean and I could walk hand in hand (like a little commuter couple) down to our local office after a lovely lie in.  We were ushered in by a rather elderly (but very sweet and impeccably dressed albeit somewhat suspicious) meeter/greeter/security guard/receptionist lady and sat eagerly anticipating our next important moments.

Our time with the surprisingly chipper Registrar (despite the rain, the mondayness and general dullness of having to ask the same few questions everyday) was brief but at least I have truly established that Bean has never married, changed his name or done any too naughty.  So as I sat outside the stained glass windows of the little office awaiting my Bean to declare his intentions I did get slightly giddy by the whole grown-up feeling of actually getting married.  Apparently, I really am just an old softie!

Now we must wait 16 days to gain our wedding licence (I have no idea why our actual wedding registrar from the northern wastelands needs this almost a year ahead but red tape I do understand!) and then we are but one step away from becoming man and woman (or husband and wife? (man and wife sounds wrong)).  I know it's not really that exciting but I did dress up a little (despite the rain) yet in my excitement I forgot my camera.  So you will just have to imagine a little girl in pink with her handsome bean bubbling with nervous excitement standing outside a registry office stating her future honourable intentions.

Oh my, this is actually happening and I could not be happier!

P.S. Uber glad your liked our/my weekend of productivity.  I am but a humble "try to diyer" yet I would be happy to do a couple of little "how I did things" posts if you would like? I'm sure most of you are far more able than I will ever be.

13 comments:

  1. Congrats! Thats so exciting! Making it feel more real i imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, congrats Anna! I know, it was so bizarre and cool when we applied for our license. It's real!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet. congratulations guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Sounds like you had a lovely time together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds exciting, congrats!

    Up here in Scotland we cant give notice until 3 months before the wedding {in our case Jan 3rd}.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so exciting. You sound absolutely giddy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is so exciting! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Anna! Congratulations!! That is so exciting :)
    Big smiles and hugs for both of you!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! And can we have some recipes :) Please, pretty please. Oh and congratulations on the 9 years too, that's impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How ridiculous to be so giddy about something that is basically red tape! Yet I do not care! It was ridiculously exciting!

    P.S. Recipes and wreathness will be coming! Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.P.S. Thank you for all your congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin