Sunday, 29 November 2009

and then the rain came...

What a wretched weekend London has just seen.  The rain, oh the rain!

Luckily Bean and I were safely ensconced in our little flat celebrating our 9 year anniversary.  Who knew a game of spin the bottle in our first year at university would lead to such a future.

Fortunately to ward off the terrifying weather we organised a little gathering which lead to the production of this...

.... now affectionately known as "the beast"




Just to reassure, the horrifying apparition at our door is the Bean.

and these lemon meringue cupcakes (yummy even if I do say so myself!)



and the uber wondrous pie pops!



which were delicious warm but taken to another gastronomic level with the addition of dipping custard...(chocolate fountains I may not understand but a custard fountain...maybe, just maybe!)



and finally some pretty pretty flowers.



thank you, bean xxx

11 comments:

  1. oh my, one of the things I really miss about England this time of year? Custard with desserts. Except, I used to eat custard with desserts when it wasn't winter. But nevermind that, custard with pie is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that is the best wreath in the world. Not even a tiny bit of exaggeration. How did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours in the wreath!

    Not so good about the rain, it was supposed to snow in Scotland when we left yesterday!

    Happy anniversary to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna, I love the lovely purple colors on your wreath! Pie pops with custard? What?! Recipe please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pie pops look SO good covered in custard. YUM.

    And that wreath - I ADORE it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you both on the 9 years aniversary!
    A huge achievement, and looks like you celebrated in style.
    haha yes thank god for spin the bottle!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. 9 years. Yay for your anniversary. I think the recipe for the pie pops and custard is MUCH needed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a really beautiful way to celebrate your anniversary. yummy food and good ambiance. the wreath is so amazing!! congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful! The wreath is beautiful. You've inspired me to look for a colorful wreath this year. Oooh and the pie pops & custard?!?! Sounds delish! And you're right about the London weather...it was horrible. But it couldn't sour my affection for the city :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading this blog and learning what's popular in the London bridal world. At wiseweddingstyles.com, we're always looking for top trends and products.
    Thanks!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin