Wednesday, 2 September 2009

wedding list wednesday - lights for lovers

Oh how I would love these to be on my wedding list. To have these in my home would make me beyond happy. Maybe they will sneak into my home without me having a wedding list. Just don't tell Bean. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't notice anyway!



I almost bought one of these babies at a Graham and Green warehouse sale but it was a little too dented and generally squashed to be worth it. Still love the design. It is a hefty thing but the way the light emanates from it is wondrous. Mmm to have a a wee snug illuminated by it!



This is an extremely extravagant little item. The feathers just look so soft and inviting. Perfect for the bedroom. Although if I'm honest I would prefer for it to live on the floor so I could caress it everyday!



These little babies cast such beautiful shadows. Who could resist? They look almost simple enough to recreate with a ceramic dome and tea lights or maybe even a single bulb? What do you think? A try to DIY?






Now these are a definite try to DIY. They are made from the bases of soda bottles by British artist Michelle Brand. So they are green, fabulous looking and potentially home makeable. Seriously what more could you want?!  

Sorry for the bumper posting session today. I just felt once I started I could not stop!

15 comments:

  1. Ooooh, these are lovely! I think my fav is the Moss chandelier. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...I love the ones with the lights inside! If you make the curtain, take pictures of your process so you can amaze us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the porcelain domes! Wish I had somewhere to put them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shadows are crazy. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these. The mister and I have this thing where whenever we see cool lighting somewhere, he goes one about how he could make that, and then I point out that that's fine, but he won't. The lamps at the bar around the corner from us are so cool and so DIY-able and he has been talking about making them for TWO YEARS. He got as far as drawing up a plan. Bah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. Suddenly I have an urge to drink lots of soda and attempt make the last lovely myself. Or maybe just buy the first one you posted (or the second, or the third...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been in LOVE with that Lotus chandelier for over a year (in the 1st pic)! The only place I've seen them sold here in the states is at Viva Terra, and they're nearly $700.00 each which doesn't exactly place them on our shopping list. They fall under the "someday" file.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the tall very long one....
    very good idea to create them from bottels!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am swooning over the lotus chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Swoooon! You found some beauties! Love the first two.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving that lotus ball chandelier... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin