Sunday, 13 September 2009

Bean Vacances

Well, the wedding planning process seems to have stalled ever so slightly. We’ve decided on a date and narrowed the choice of venues down to a handful of places but as they’re all at the other end of the country it’s a bit of a bother actually going to see them. We can’t book them without seeing the place first and until we book the venue we can’t really, properly start organising anything else. Things just don’t really seem real just yet, but hopefully that will change.

So, we’re taking some time off, but instead of going to see wedding venues we’ve decided that we’re going away on holiday, which is something we haven’t actually done for over two years now. We’ve had long weekends going to see my parents up north or my sister in Edinburgh but not a proper going away holiday.

My parents have a house in the South of France, which, when I say it seems a bit like I’m bragging but my parents bought it on the cheap when it was basically derelict. We were all drafted in to go there “on holiday” painting walls and assembling furniture. Eventually I got a bit tired of this and the prospect of going to the same place on holiday every time so I stopped going and basically spent all my holiday time while I was at college working.

Now, looking back it seems a bit odd that my parents have a house in France but I haven’t actually been there in ten years. Maybe now is the time to be going back. We’ll just see how rusty my French is.

15 comments:

  1. A house in the south of France - I am so jealous! Have an amazing holiday... maybe you could take a mini-break weekend when you get back to go scout out the venues?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you can only really plan a wedding for so long. I actually liked partying at other people's weddings (not to compare) to let loose and have fun.

    Can we be friends and we can holiday with you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a fun trip! good luck with your French and your painting skills!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be an awesome trip!! I'm jealous!! I wished I could go on holidays now... lolz. Have a great time, you two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oo france! you'll have such a great time! make sure you get seriously relaxed and enjoy being with Bean, just the two of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That will be a fantastic, well-deserved trip! Have a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your holiday! We searched for a venue for 6 months before booking and as soon as you do then you have 100 other decisions. So again, enjoy your holiday and the break from planning :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good idea to get away from it all for a while. Th wedding will still be there when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone. Anna would just like me to point out that it's my parents' house. Just to avoid confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. JEALOUS!!

    enjoy the time away! and when is your wedding date?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anna would just like to say that she didn't ask Bean to say that. What she did say was could Bean take responsibility for his own posts!!

    Sorry I am really busy at the moment. The Bean is supposed to be writing the posts this week! Let's let him know that "forgetting" is not an excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  12. enjoy the "it's not real" part of the engagement. I'm about 3 mos away and and it's just now getting to the "real" part. as in, "huh. i really gotta start planning this!" and "i can't ACTUALLY use all my great ideas." (wow, this comment wasn't meant to be nearly as negative as it sounds!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a wonderful, wonderful time - so jealous! I have never been to the South of France...or France for that matter....

    ReplyDelete
  14. i hope that you two are having a lovely break! xo

    i'm with turtlebird... what's the date?!

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin