Saturday, 11 July 2009

these are a few of my unimportant favourite things

Now after the last list debacle I thought I would never answer one of these ever again! It took me so long to come up with my answers I thought I couldn’t face any more real thinking!

Then again, it’s only 6 things I thought, how hard can this be? Well apparently it can take forever as well. The lovely Eve from Oh My Word tagged me forever ago but only now after being tagged twice in the past couple of days could I feel the good energy! Thank you for tagging me, Westside Wedding and Chic 'n Cheap NYC Wedding.



So without further ado, here's my List of Favourite Unimportant Things

Although personally I have a tough time thinking that these are actually unimportant!

Quotations
Whether they be from Lord Byron although I can’t choose just one of his quotations that all make me smile. Well ok, “I am about to be married, and am of course in all the misery of a man in pursuit of happiness.”
Winston Churchill “A man does what he must - in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures - and that is the basis of all human morality”
or Virginia Woolf “For most of history, Anonymous was a woman”
To Bill Cosby “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody” - how apt for a wedding blog!
Marilyn Monroe “What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course.”
And 30 Rock “Shut it down” – I love it!
I love them all, some I find inspiring, some I say every day, I simply cannot get enough!
Shoes
Oh Mr McQueen, my lust continues. I know it makes no sense but your shoes are precious. Please can my credit card say yes?



General knowledge i.e. sporcle
Yes, I be a geek. I love knowing stuff. Hence Sporcle, which has given me the ability to name all the counties of the world, the British Prime Ministers, the US Presidents or the elements of the periodic table whilst under the constraints of a time limit is hot! Well sort of.
Stationery
Oh wedding stationery was not my first love. It was the stationery section in any shop which fascinated me as a child. I craved pretty pens and I am glad to say my lust is yet to abate!
Continuity errors!
I love watching films. However, my brain seems to want to find the issues. I sit down wanting to be entralled by Transformers 2 (which happens to be the most unintentially funny film I have ever seen!) and can't help but notice that the clocks just went back or that drink is now full again. Grrr. Love it.
Educational vintage posters

I got this one because I call the boy, Bean – no idea why, but I just love them. If anyone has any leads on where to find some more of the beauties (reasonably priced) please let me know.



So I am now meant to tag some lovely people but I fear this little piece has become ubiquitous lately. So if I tag you, do not feel you must complete. I shall only cry a little. Also if I haven't tagged you and you feel like writing some prettiness I would love to see your answers.
The lovelies




Here are the "official" rules: Mention the person who tagged you, list your six unimportant favourite things, and then tag six other lovely bloggers.

5 comments:

  1. Those shoes ROCK!! Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee, my first tag!

    Thank you, I will do my post soon.

    and the Stationery, a definite favourite of mine too, whats not too like about trace, patterned paper, cards etc.

    x (sorry dont know what happened to first comment!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) "shut it down" -- dear god, yes. i want to take that behind a middle school and get it pregnant.

    2) those are some hot shoes.

    3) i also call my boy bean. :) i'll keep my eyes peeled for more posters!

    thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally did my post too! It takes ages to think about it, write it then find some images too!

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin