Friday, 24 July 2009

the new trend starts here

Now there has been a call for creepy animal masks (thanks esb) to become the new thing. I find them on the cusp of terrifying. Not as terrifying as clowns, their painted faces hiding a deep sorrow. Genuinely disturbing. Anyhoo. I am not sure I could face the whole creepy masks and I guess it is about time I offered something slightly original to my blogging world.

So here goes! I love, love, love the hair fabulousness from places such as Ban.do and Sheena Holland. Seriously who wouldn't want one of these lovelies? I would literally wear one everyday if I had the funds. Although I am feeling the idea of buying one and wearing it until it falls apart. Then I would cry.

I mean seriously, look!

Ban.do

However, sometimes, and maybe it is simply the angle at which a photo is taken or the head tilt of the model/ real person but I get the pirate eye patch vibe.

Although I fear that this trend may have been and gone. I think enough time has passed for a revival? I feel that I could really love the whole pirate vibe. Now the boy, oh I mean Bean, loves pirates! Not the rubbish Pirates of the Caribbean but a real pirate.

So what do you think? I guess this is where this whole post stemmed from. Fantabulous, non?

source

I found this fabulous De la Cierva & Nicolás catwalk show through Casando ideias. A Brazilian journalist living in the UK. Do check it out!

Maybe with these ludicrously fabulous boots/sandals?

Amputee/pegleg chic may be a little beyond our means. Although who doesn’t think this prosthesis, designed with an Eames chair in mind, isn't beautiful?


Source


So my lovelies, what do you think? Am I onto a winner?! Do you feel you could rock this look be it in the oft maligned engagement photo or even as a super cool one eyed bride? Or have I gone crazy in my sleep deprived state?

Postscript added 25th July
Oh no. I really was hoping to start a trend. If I have engagement photos I will definitely be rocking the eye patch look.

Also on a serious note how do people cope with a disability and fashion? I have enough trouble and I'm "normal"*. Hmm if feel a new post brewing.

*Whatever normal is?! Oh how I love philosophy!

8 comments:

  1. wra-ha-ha!

    Although I do have a (probably inappropirate) thing for a good prosthesis... undoubtedly has something to do with SA's best swimmer and best athlete missing at least one or two legs: they get a lot of airtime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! that's always one of the first things i think of when i go shopping: can i accesorize this dress with a pirate patch?

    LOL, thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no. I really was hoping to start a trend. If I have engagement photos I will definitely be rocking the eye patch look.

    Also on a serious note how do people cope with a disability and fashion? I have enough trouble and I'm "normal"*. Hmm if feel a new post brewing.

    *Whatever normal is?!(Oh how I love philosophy!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. bridal eye patch? i love it! crazy and fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do I sense a Pirate Themed Wedding? Eyepatch, Peg Leg, Groomsmen Buccaneers and Bridesmaid Wenches? Sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin