Monday, 15 June 2009

fabulous gay wedding

Fabulous gay wedding, ahoy!

I need to take the boy to his favourite night spot so we can take some pretty photos of his signature drink.

The recipe
  • gin
  • fresh lime
  • honey
  • cucumber
  • strawberries
  • raspberries
  • dash of vodka
  • champagne
No idea how to mix or the quantities but I can't say it's my favourite - I can't stand honey. It makes me feel all queasy.

My choice would be, hmmm, probably a Mure Royale

  • 1 teaspoon Creme de mure
  • top up with champagne/cava/prosecco
  • blackberries
Oh yum, yum, yum.

So what are your favourite cocktails? Will you be having signature drinks at your weddings (hmm I'm not sure whether this is cool or not).

Take a look at this teaser picture.

How much do I want a soda table now. Shame we don't really get pretty glass bottles in the UK. Unless someone can tell me otherwise, please tell me otherwise!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my! Despite never having previously heard of it I desperately want a Mure Royale now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of a Mure Royale! It looks quite tasty! Something to think about... I didn't do a signature cocktail at my wedding in 2001..., just carried a vodka and cranberry (with lime) in my hand everywhere I went that day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no honey?!? this makes me sad. :(

    i have to try both of those cocktails! there are few things i love more than cocktails...

    we are doing signature drinks because we thought a full bar might be a bit excessive. my mister's a sommelier (a ridiculously fancy word for a wine expert), so most of our guests are more excited about drinking the wines he'll be picking out vs. the cocktails... so we figured this would be a good route for us. my friend heather made them up and i don't know measurements or anything, but here's the gist...

    cocktail one:
    prosecco
    fresh lime juice
    mint infused simple syrup

    cocktail two:
    chili infused whiskey
    blood orange juice
    a splash of grenadine

    yum! yum! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummers Celia! I would def choose the first. I'm thinking something vodkary (despite vodka being a bit passe!) to salute to my Polish heritage and the boy can whiskey it it up for the wee bit o' Scot blood in him!

    P.S. I think the honey hatred stems from my Grandmama keeping bees when I was little, maybe 7, and a superscary incident where I got a few bees in my hair and many, many stings. I just couldn't get them out of my hair. I don't mind bees much now, hence the photos yesterday, but honey...no. Bleurgh!

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin