Thursday, 21 May 2009

my vision

I am not one of those who had always dreamed of her wedding. I was never interested in the Royal weddings and was never a flowergirl (sob). Yet I am often mocked with a story of when I was at nursery. Every morning, my Mamgu (welsh for grandmama) and I would walk to nursery and the final yards would be a sprint to the “marriage dress.” I, on the other hand, have no recollection of these events and I do hope the wedding dress looked something like this.

I was trying to find a truly ugly dress but came across Leah Wood’s fabulous dress. It divided opinion but I love it! Not sure if I would be able to get away with it but it is undoubtedly beautiful.

Still, I do like the thought that I was acutely aware, even at such a young age, that the wedding was the beginning and not the end– well perhaps! I was a bit of a tomboy and I cannot recall ever thinking about my “perfect day.”

However since I met the boy I developed a deep love of pink and become ridiculously girly. I am not ashamed and like to think my style is shabby chic luxe with a mere soupçon of pink. Although the boy may disagree about me calling my lust around our flat as a soupçon!

Though, I do have to admit since things became serious with the boy I have been lusting over wedding blogs, magazines and noting down fabulous details from family and friends weddings.

I know it is a bit of a cliche but I do love vintage or antique items. I love smaller weddings (and by small I mean less than 40 people) which take up an entire weekend with love, fun and frivolity. Above all, I want my wedding to embody the shabby chic luxe vibe but more importantly to be a relaxed, fun and imperfect day.

How about you, how do you envision your day?

2 comments:

  1. i would love to keep my wedding small, but the large families are making it hard to do that! ours will be about 150 people ..

    i've always envisioned black, green and white but i've realized over the course of planning that this has changed due to my need to compromise!

    can't wait to follow you as you plan your wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your post. It's so nice to hear from the outside world. P.S I am loving the organic plum from today. I hope to hear from you soon. Do keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete

So, I really love all the sweet and/or informative comments that you lovelies leave. Yet if you feel the need to be unnecessarily rude or offensive I will delete your comment and not feel bad about it. So just be constructive alright! Hugs to all you wondrous others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin